Monday 31 December 2012

Man Rant

I think its rather important to be polite at the best and worst of times, but when someone refuses to take a hint, it leaves me with no other option but to be blunt and shut it down.

Last night, my friend and I met the most obnoxious man. Not only had he had way to much too drink and smelled rather unpleasant, he also kept interrupting our conversations and sitting down with us. I am positive we were not giving off an inviting vibe to this man, in fact, I told him how annoying he was getting, and asked him if he would please find a different table to entertain.

The bar was filled with these macho, juiced-up, gym monkeys last night, and of course it was- we decided to watch the football games at Real Sports. I stopped counting how many times I was asked if I liked football, and what I was doing after the game. All of these men were cookie cutters to me. They were all dressed the same, had a 32oz Coors Light beer in hand, and had greasy fingers from the mountain of wings they must have devoured minutes earlier. Not one of them did anything to make themselves stand out from their counterparts. 

Standing out would not have been hard last night, all someone would have had to do is wash their hands and start with a firm hand shake, a pleasant "hello, my name is....." then followed by a genuine compliment. That's it. I don't understand how that is so difficult. There is nothing worse that a pick-up line, unless of course it is coming from someone with a great sense of humour, and if that's the case, cool- rock it. I would think saying "hello" would be a million times easier than racking ones brain for a pick-up line that has worked in the past, I am sure it is damn-near impossible. 

"If you want to be an eagle, soar with eagles."

xo Emily 











No comments:

Post a Comment