Saturday 22 December 2012

Home for the Holidays

 I always go home to visit my parents at Christmas, it wouldn't feel right if I didn't spend the holidays with them. My mom cooks all of my favourite foods, Christmas music plays on constant, the house is decorated and lit up, and our family dog has on his Christmas outfit. Sounds delightful; however, almost every year right before the holidays I manage to come down with a cold. I suppose it is a buildup of the busy season, the end of exams, the long hours at work, and my body subconsciously telling me to relax.

There is nothing more comforting than being sick in the comfort of my own home, under the care of my mother. She stays up all night making homemade soups, has the ultimate supply in cold medicines, and an array of treats that always make me feel better- from popsicles to movies. In two days, I am good as new.

When I am sick in my own place, it is the absolute worst. My days consist of calling into work sick, ordering Swiss Chalet soup, staying in bed, and watching TV. For a busy person like myself, this is not very much fun at all.

I am sick right now, and I could not be more excited to arrive at my parent's place tomorrow, and kick this cold before Christmas morning! There truly is nothing like a mother's love.

xo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment